Wednesday 29 December 2010

Help! I need to become more boring

Some people enjoy being a host.
For me, it's in my blood.

A big reason I left home at a very early age is that my mother is a very good cook and I needed my own kitchen to experiment.


I am afflicted with a rare disorder called I.G.S. : Italian Grandmother Syndrome
Which means if you come over you'll eat too much but leave very happy.


I hosted a friday night bbq dinner party for two years straight. And I loved it.

With a team of 200, we fed 5000 homeless a year out of our Church Hall at a Toronto "Out of the Cold" site. I ended my duties as lead coordinator, head chef so to speak.

If I didn't have to "work" for a living, this is what I'd do.


Life has changed in a wonderful way since then.


Marriage. Cat. Dog. Baby.


Which means, meals now...look like this.


So instead of packing up all my entertaining stuff...I hope to build successors to my host-with-the-most legacy


Are you a young person who hosts others at your dwelling?


Can I give you serving trays, special utensils etc..?
I have some $200 bar stools that I want to find a good home
Futon for the guest room or to add seating space etc..


If you're in my network and want to rock 2011 - please make contact
paulnazareth at rogers.com


With your help, I'll become the Cosby sweater wearing, bad joke making, minivan driving, spending all hours at home boring loving Dad I need to be!


Thanks for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment